New GradDecember 17, 2021 Announcement
Join us for Winnipeg School Division's New Grad Recruitment Event early in 2022
Book your virtual interview with us to be considered for employment upon graduation!
- This is an EXCLUSIVE event ONLY for graduating teacher candidates of 2022
- You will be interviewed for the Substitute Teacher roster to begin working as soon as you’re eligible
- Hired as a Substitute Teacher is the ONLY way:
- to start picking up Substitute Assignments
- apply to TERM positions for May and June
- apply to internal postings (only advertised to WSD employees) that start in September and are posted throughout the school year
What happens after I apply?
- You will be contacted to book a VIRTUAL interview
What can I expect in the interview?
- Virtual Interviews held on Microsoft TEAMS
- There will be two interviewers
- Situational questions (thinking about good examples ahead of time, from your practicum experience to help you answer these questions)
- Portfolio (optional) - Example: showing a lesson plan you created to the interviewers
When will I hear back?
- You will be contacted soon after your interview by email to confirm employment
- Complete the new hire documents emailed to you as soon as possible
- Once you have obtained your letter from the Professional Certification Unit - Manitoba Education, authorizing you to work, you can start working!
Please ensure that you have included the following with your application:
- Resume - please include at which schools you have completed your student practicums and classroom grade levels.
- At least two Summative Practicum Evaluations from the 2020-2021 school year and if available, your most recent.
- Three professional references of individuals who have supervised you while working in a teaching capacity:
- Contact name, email address, phone number.
- References that should be included: Practicum Supervisor, Cooperating Teachers.
Additional Documentation Required Upon Hire:
- Original Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, and Child Abuse Registry check – to be copied in-person
- PSP Number (Professional School Personnel – MB. Teaching Certificate Number – wallet size card) – to be copied in-person
- Original Transcripts