Academics & ClassesApril 9, 2021
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT TEC-VOC?
Unlike many high schools in Winnipeg, Tec-Voc has a selection of 19 technical programs where students can acquire hands-on experience and develop essential skills in specific areas. Furthermore, students have the opportunity to work towards their level 1 apprenticeship in five programs (*).
- Advertising – Graphic Design
- Applied Commerce Education
- * Automotive
- Aviation and Aerospace
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Broadcasting / Media Arts
- * Carpentry
- * Culinary Arts
- Dental Assisting & Medical Preparation
- Dental Technology & Medical Preparation
- Design Drafting
- * Electrical
- Information Technology
- Interactive Digital Media
- * Innovative Manufacturing Technology
- Professional Photography
- Welding Technology
Tec-Voc offers a university preparation course where students learn about the expectations and rigor of university life. In addition, the technical programs below provide opportunities for students when they enter various faculties at the university level.
- Medical – Dental Technology and Dental Assisting prepares students interested in furthering themselves in the medical, dentistry, nursing, radiology, pharmacy, kinesiology, sciences and biochemistry professions.
- Commerce – Applied Commerce Education prepares students interested in furthering themselves in the Faculty of Commerce
- Architecture – Design Drafting prepares students interested in furthering themselves in the architecture and interior design professions.
- Engineering – Aviation and Aerospace, Electrical, Innovative Manufacturing Technology, Design Drafting and Welding prepares students interested in furthering themselves in the Faculty of Engineering.